Hearing loss, hearing disability and deafness all are types of hearing problems.
The symptoms might be normal, unusual, and severe. For example, people with mild hearing problems experience difficult recognizing speech in a louder environment and they need hearing aid for listening.
Some people have severe symptoms of the hearing problem depends on lip-reading to communicate with others. The people who hear nothing and hear by birth who can listen to anything need to rely on sign language or Lip sync.
People around the world are having many types of hearing problems.
Causes Of Hearing Problems
Hearing problem occurs due to many reasons, which are as follows:
- Heart diseases
- Exposure to loud noise
- During treatment of TB
- Smoking and drugs
- Side effects of medication
- Various infections like mumps
- Ear injury
- Blockage of the ear by ear wax or ear nerves
- High fever
- High blood pressure
- Foreign object enter in ear
- Ear tumor
These reasons commonly found in people having hearing problems.
Some Types of Hearing Problems
In Hearing loss, a person isn’t able to listen to speak appropriately. In other words, hearing ability gets affected, or you hear incorrectly as compare to others.
There are 3 main kinds of hearing loss which are as follow:
Conductive, Hearing Loss
In this hearing loss, vibrations cannot pass through the ear from an external source to your internal part of the ear, mainly the cochlea’s primary part in your hearing function.
There are many reasons for causing conductive hearing loss like the excess amount of ear wax in your ear, infection like inflammation, defect in the eardrum, ossicles, extra bone in-ear, ear tumor etc.
Infection in your ears can affect your ear function like the eardrum and reduces hearing. In addition, the ossicles process creates infection, fusing and other issues in your ear.
- Ear pain in one ear or both
- Cant able to hear with one ear
- Experience pressure in ears
- Difficulty in hearing during a phone call
- You feel your voice change, louder or change
Sensorineural Hearing Loss
Sensorineural hearing loss is a well-known hearing loss type. It is also named permanent hearing loss that causes the damage of tiny cells that exist in your ear or injury that occur in ears nerves that passed signals to our brain and through which we can hear the noise. The damage of ear nerves can cause hearing loss and loudness.
It commonly found in newborn babies due to genetic issue or infection occur in womb. It is difficult to recognize symptoms but later on, children diagnosed with Sensorineural hearing loss.
Some causes are hearing loud noises, ageing, diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes, ear injury, infections, intake of medicines etc.
The symptoms of Sensorineural hearing loss are you feel that you hear, but it’s not clear to you, ear ringing known as tinnitus, you can’t listen in noisy areas, difficulty to under some sounds, you hear too loud or slow.
Mixed Hearing Loss
Mix hearing loss is a mixture of conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Mainly a Long-term infection can damage both the eardrum and ossicles as well. The symptoms are visible gradually.
It might be for the short term or long term, depending on the condition.
Causes and Symptoms
The signs and causes of mixed hearing loss are similar to both types of hearing loss.
It is another hearing problem that occurs in which one not able to hear or understand speech.
Types on Deafness
In this type of deafness, one can’t hear a person don’t understand speech. But, again, it caused by birth or an early ages.
In this condition, the consumer just able to understand parents, brother and sister. They commonly understand sign language, a child with low speech development. The consumer having prelingual deafness can easily treat or face no more difficulty in oral speech if treated early.
People with Post-lingual deafness can speak before deafness. However, they lose their speaking power due to trauma, illnesses, injury or infection that cause deafness.
In these conditions, people lose hearing slowly.
Friend, family, and teaches how to understand this issue, the individual uses various hearing aids, learns lip-reading, etc.
Single-Sided Deafness (SDD)
Single-sided deafness (SDD) are newborn who able to hear only with their single ear. In this condition, one lose one ear hearing. This condition is also known as Unilateral and bilateral deafness. This condition may treat as sensorineural or conductive depending on the condition.
Identification Of Hearing Problems
When something wrong with your ears as you feel some unusual noises, consult your doctor. The doctor will ask you some questions about your symptoms and verify if the problem is linked to brain health.
An otoscope is a tool that uses to check inside your ears. The doctor will check your ears with an Otoscope’s support, consisting of light at the end.
The doctors can detect the following problems in your ear:
- A pain caused by some outer object
- Damage in eardrum
- Access of eardrum
- Infection caused in-ear nerve
- Disease caused in the middle of the ear
- Fluid comes out of your ear canal
- Extra skin out of the eardrum
- Hole inside eardrum
How To Protect Hearing Problems?
The following are some measures you should take to problem your ear from any problem:
- If you work in loud noise, try to use earplugs to protect your ear from loudness.
- When you use anything like TV, mobile, toys, Speaker, Radio, keep their volume low so you can protect yourself and your children from the risk of hearing problems.
- Do not use headphone and earphones too much. Because the louder sound too close to your ear that they can damage your eardrum.
- Try to avoid going to noisy places like clubs, parties, and pubs or wear earplugs for protection.
- Concerts, racings and noisy events are not suitable for the ear. Try to use earplugs.
- Age, birth, or natural injuries in your hand, but older people can protect themselves from ear problems if they take the above measures.
- Use appropriate item for your ear wax cleaning; use Q tips with care. Please don’t use hairpins, paper, and pencil tip for cleaning. Carelessness can cause many problems in your ear that you can’t even think about.
- Keep your brain healthy because any injury to your head can damage your hearing.
So your body is completely in your hand. Taking care of each part of your body is vital because each part of your body plays an important function. Now you can also use brain supplement to improve your brain health and hearing ability.